Thursday, October 15, 2015

Meditation Panel Workshop Gros Morne, Newfoundland october 16-17-18 2015

Judy Martin is teaching Meditation Panels at Fibre Arts Newfoundland.
The three days are packed.
Day one:
bead stitch and introductions
looking  at the Manitoulin meditation panels
reverse applique
digital presentation of the archetypes
drawing
stitch and flip foundations

Day two:
show and tell of participant's work
eyelet stitch, stem stitch
digital presentation on how the meditation panels were constructed
making visualization foundations
quiet work
presentation of texture magic
hand stitching practice
Judy Martin showing her french knot sample in Newfoundland
Day three
more hand stitch practice
digital presentation on stitch
covering large areas with piecework
using the design wall
quiet work, quiet work
digital presentation of the instructor's own work
critique and plan what will happen next with your work

3 comments:

  1. Ah, this looks like the perfect three days--lots of learning and quiet stitching, all in a stunningly beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better way to spend a 3 days.....if I could I'd be there but Im on the wrong side of the world .

    ReplyDelete
  3. know what I'm missing most - besides you, I mean? Quiet. I don't even know if I'd recognize it any more. But I'd sure like to see. Planning to stitch up a blue streak here and pretend . . .

    ReplyDelete